EU Registration

EU flag

Residency for EU citizens

As a citizen of the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you may freely move around in the EU. If you reside somewhere for more than three months, it is important to be registered in the EU. When you are EU-registered in Denmark, you can be registered in the national register and thus also be covered by the Danish public health service.

As an EU citizen, you must have a reason to reside in another EU country. This will typically be for studying or working. The five reasons for residency you can have as an EU citizen are mentioned below.

  • Employee
  • Student
  • Self-employment
  • Person with sufficient means (self-supporting)
  • Member of the family of an EU citizen

You can read more about the different reasons for residency here.

The contact form is based on the questions that are in the application for EU registration. Some of the questions may be complicated. Therefore, we recommend that you read the conditions for EU registration before you complete the contact form.

Do you have any questions?

As a member you have the opportunity to contact our team in the legal advisoy if you have any questions or need any particular help on

Phone: (+45) 3332 0913

  • Monday: 9 am– 4 pm
  • Tuesday: 9 am– 4 pm
  • Wednesday: CLOSED
  • Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
  • Fridag: 9 am – 4 pm

If you are not yet a member of Danes Worldwide but wish to use the legal advisory, you can use this link to acces our webshop.