Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 at 3PM – 4:30PM (CN) / 9AM – 10:30AM (DK)
The meeting is open to all Danish citizens and spouses, family members, or others with ties to Denmark. The meeting provides a unique opportunity to receive updates on rules and issues affecting many Danes residing abroad. Among the topics on the agenda are:
- What are the possibilities of returning to Denmark with a foreign spouse (the rules for family reunification)
- Preserving citizenship for Danish children born abroad (the 22-year rule)
- Danish pension
- Admission to Danish high school and university
- Danish language instruction for both children and young people, but also, for example, foreign spouses
The meeting will be conducted in English.
- 3:00 PM: Welcome
- 3:15 PM: Michael Bach Petersen, Secretary-General of Danes Worldwide, introduces Danes Worldwide and the organization’s political work for Danes living abroad
- 3:30 PM: Legal advisor at Danes Worldwide, provides the latest update on the above topics
- 4:00 PM: Open discussion and questions
- 4:30 PM: Conclusion and thanks for today
The event is free for all participants. A membership of Danes Worldwide is not required.