Registration form can be found at the bottom of the page.
Danes Worldwide, in collaboration with Nordic Northwest, invites you to a free informational meeting
Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 15.00 – 18.00 at
Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd., Portland
The meeting is open to all Danes, their spouses, family members or others connected to Denmark. The meeting provides a unique opportunity to get an update on rules and issues that affect many Danes living abroad. Among the topics on the agenda are the following:
- What are the options for returning home to Denmark with a foreign spouse? (the rules for family reunification)
- Retention of citizenship for Danish children born abroad (the 22-year-old rule)
- Danish national pension (folkepension)
- Purchasing real estate in Denmark
- Danish lessons for children, young people, and adults
The meeting will take place in English.
- 15.00: Arrival and snacks
- 15.30: Welcome by the afternoon’s hosts
- 15.45: Introduction to Danes Worldwide by Lisbeth Kjersgaard, legal advisor at Danes Worldwide
- 16.00: Information and latest updates on the above subjects by Lisbeth Kjersgaard
- 16.45: Break
- 17.00: Open discussion and questions
- 18.00: The event ends
For further information on the event, please contact Lisbeth Kjersgaard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is free for all participants. A Danes Worldwide membership is not required.