Danish for Beginners A1
In the Danish for Beginners A1 course, you will learn words and sentences to help you speak about ordinary topics in Danish. For example, you will learn how to introduce yourself and speak about your family and your daily life. You will learn the words for numbers, days of the week, time of the day, and colors.
Danish for Beginners A2
In the Danish for Beginners A2 course, you will learn how to express your opinions and goals. Furthermore, you will learn how to speak about such topics as health, geography, and the climate.
You will in addition learn to express your views on music, TV shows, and books.
You set your own pace in our online courses, logging on when it’s convenient for you and working on the assignments on your own.
During each course, a new set of online assignments is released every Monday. The assignments may present vocabulary, new sentences, listening exercises, brief videos, explanations of grammar, and drills. Each set of assignments in the A2 course concludes with a quiz to let you test yourself.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a blog (in Danish) and to submit a recorded or written assignment. Recordings are to be submitted as a video or an audio file.
For each assignment submitted, you will receive personalized feedback from your teacher in writing or in a video.
The course covers all aspects of language to let you listen, read, write, and speak Danish.
“We greatly appreciate these courses. Yasmin has improved her Danish immensely, and she finds the work entertaining”Father of Yasmin, student in Danish for Beginners A2.
Course dates and duration
You may begin a course four times per year to fit your personal plans.
Danish for Beginners A1 consists of three terms of 10 weeks each. New groups of students begin a terms every 10 weeks.
Danish for Beginners A2 consists of two terms of 10 weeks each. New groups of students begin a terms every 10 weeks.
Start dates for the 2023-2024 academic year (Mondays):
- 4th of September 2023
- 13th of November 2023
- 29th of January 2024
- 8th of April 2024
Danish for Beginners A1 and A2, respectively, correspond to levels A1 and A2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Certificate of completion
Danes Worldwide will issue to students having participated actively in all course terms a certificate of completion at level A1 or A2.
|Danish for Beginners A1 or A2 (1 term of 10 weeks)||1,950||Not offered|
|Danish for Beginners A1 (full course, 3 x 10 weeks)||5,400||6,750|
|Danish for Beginners A2 (full course, 2 x 10 weeks)||3,750||4,650|
Members of Danes Worldwide enjoy a significant discount. Find out more about membership here.
Testimonial from a former student in the A1 course
Nadia tells us how much Danish she learned from participating in 30 weeks of the A1 course.
Testimonial from a former student in the A2 course
Listen to Jasmin, who is an expat Dane and student at the A2 course, tell about herself in Danish. The presentation is made as a result of 20 weeks participation in the A2 course.
Get the most out of Danish for Beginners
- Give it your best effort and be diligent in completing the assignments.
- Don’t tackle all assignments in one day but instead log in twice a week. It is helpful to return to completed assignments and repeat some of the drills before proceeding.
- You will benefit greatly from having the opportunity to practice speaking Danish (for example, with a family member or a colleague) during the course.
- We recommend that an adult assist younger students during the course.
Helpful skills and resources
- All instructions for the assignments are provided in English and Danish. You must be able to read English at a level to ensure that you understand the instructions, or you must have the assistance of someone who does.
- You should be skilled in navigating an online tool so that you will be able to use our ABC Danes portal.
- You should have a computer or tablet and a stable internet connection so that you can participate and submit assignments.
- Our recommendations for computer equipment are available here.
Questions about Danish for Beginners?
You are welcome to be in touch with us to ask questions about the courses or obtain guidance as to the most suitable level.
Lene B. Ditlevsen
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+45) 35 29 41 25