Legal advisory

Juridsk rådgivning til udlandsdanskere

Do you need help and legal advisory?

Danes Worldwide possesses solid knowledge regarding the rights of Danes living outside Denmark. Our experience gained over many years puts us in a position to advise you regarding most situations you may encounter. Our legal advisory is ready to respond to phone calls and emails from members.

Three different types of legal assistance

In most cases, our legal team is able to give an adequate response within the limits of the membership. If the nature of the question is more complex and the legal advice included in the membership has been exhausted, you may have to pay a predetermined, additional fee depending on the complexity and time estimation of the case.

If you wish to have your case processed or reviewed, the price depends on the level of assistance needed. If you use our case processing service or extended legal assistance, you can set up a meeting with one of the legal advisors. In general, meetings are held online. 

  1. Legal advice (up to 30 minutes are included in the membership)
  2. Extended legal assistance (extra fee)
  3. Case processing service (fixed prices)

Most questions are answered readily by our legal advisor. In cases requiring additional input, members of a panel of experts respond to inquiries in such areas as preparing children for life in another country, understanding the security situation in the target area, or finding a physician speaking a given language

NOTE: Become a member now to benefit immediately from our guidance services.

How can we help you?

Below is a list of the services our legal team can assist you with: 

  • Danish citizenship – We can assist you with your questions regarding Danish citizenship, whether you are applying for naturalization, retention of citizenship or the like. We also offer case processing in this area.
  • Family reunification – We offer counselling and, if needed, case processing during the process of family reunification in Denmark according to Danish and EU legislation.
  • Visa and residence permit – We can help with questions about visa and residence permits, whether you plan a short-term or long-term stay in Denmark.
  • Moving abroad or back to Denmark – We can help with questions about registration with the national register when moving abroad or back to Denmark, questions about the Danish school system, and help with the challenges that can arise when moving abroad to a different culture or returning to Denmark after many years abroad.
  • Questions regarding tax and Danish tax rules – We can assist with tax issues when leaving Denmark, tax issues when returning to Denmark, and what you need to know while you live in Denmark, such as the 90/180-day rule which obligates full tax liability­ in Denmark.
  • Purchasing real estate – We can help you with different questions about purchasing real estate, whether it is a holiday home or a permanent residence.
  • Pension – We can help you with questions about your pension if you are leaving or returning to Denmark.
  • Rented accommodation in Denmark – We can help you with questions about your rights as a tenant or landlord, and how to find accommodation.
  • Other circumstances in Denmark – We can help you with different legal issues concerning Danish law.

What does it cost?

Legal advice
30 minutes per yearFree
Extended legal assistance
Extended legal assistance (possibility for meeting including preparation)DKK 1,800DKK 2,250
Extended legal assistance (assistance for case processing, meetings etc.)DKK 3,500DKK 4,375
Case processing service – Family reunification
Family reunification, spouseDKK 8,500DKK 10,625
Family reunification, third country national childDKK 4,500DKK 5,625
Family reunification, extension of residence permit for my spouse/partnerDKK 4,000DKK 5,000
Family reunification, minor child(ren) with Danish citizenshipDKK 6,000DKK 7,500
Residence for EU-citizensDKK 2,500DKK 3,125
Case processing service – Citizenship
Proof of Danish citizenshipDKK 5,500DKK 6,875
Reacquisition of Danish citizenshipDKK 9,500DKK 11,875
Retention of Danish citizenshipDKK 7,000DKK 8,750

Could you have used our help in the past?

Since the 1920s, we have offered assistance to Danes abroad, but we want to keep improving. For that reason, we are interested in hearing your story. What difficulties did you encounter while you were living abroad? How were they resolved?

In addition, we would like to know which of our advocacy areas is or are most important for you. Perhaps there are other matters you feel warrant our attention. No matter what – we appreciate your willingness to share your experience with us so that we may get even better at what we do: Helping you, your family, and other families while you live abroad.

As a member you have the opportunity to contact our team in the legal advisory if you have any questions or need any particular help on If your questions regard family reunification, please use the following e-mail address:

Phone: (+45) 3332 0913

  • Monday: 9 am– 4 pm
  • Tuesday: 9 am– 4 pm
  • Wednesday: CLOSED
  • Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
  • Fridag: 9 am – 4 pm

If you are not yet a member of Danes Worldwide but wish to use the legal advisory, you can use this link to acces our webshop.